Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fitness Rant


Let's face it. There are as many versions of being fit as there are people who think they know how to get fit. Yes, I guess I am included in that figure. I am a bit obsessive with fitness though.

 I'm addicted to understanding how the body works and how to maximize it's performance. I classify performance as optimal function of any and all systems. Not just how much some overweight wanna be can bench press-although I'm not trashing one of the kings of upper body strength movements.

Things like injury prevention. Clearer thinking. Combating disease. Increasing longevity and the ability to greatly enjoy your later years in life. I've found through fitness, people can gain a new respect for the wonders of the human body's ability to improve almost every aspect of one's life. I know this because it has happened to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment